Position located at 1652 Hog Island Road, near Surry, VA.
MDG offers wide-ranging fluid management, tailings management, and dredging services. Our talented team has extensive experience in the industry, allowing us to provide innovative contract dredging, dewatering, dredge and pump sales, and system installation services.
MDG (Minority Diversity Group) advances minority opportunities with our approach to working with local communities and residents to provide opportunity, employment, and positive impact through our projects.
If this sounds like a company you would love to work for and you are a strong individual that likes a challenge, this could be the opportunity for you. We are looking for a Boat Operator with on water skills to join our team.
- Operate 27’ Poseidon Twin 150 Hp Vessel
- Launch, dock, and perform associated on water tasks
- Towing and pushing of objects such as floating pipeline
- Refuelling of boat and on water vessels
- Always maintain safe operating procedures of the boat
- Actively participate in and follow MDG’s health and safety program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience operating vessels between 15 ft and 40 ft in length in support of dredging operations
- Ability to safely navigate Channels
- Ability to launch, dock, and perform associated on water tasks
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Valid drivers license
- Strong verbal communication
- Strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- First Aid Level 1 is an asset
- Boating License
- Must be Deemed Competent by Site Superintendent
- Great team environment
- Flexible work schedule
The ideal candidate will have experience with dredges, barges, push boats, and floating pipeline work. Company information can be found at www.mdgenvirosolutions.com.
If this opportunity interests you and you have the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this role, please apply by emailing your resume as well as your salary expectations to:
We thank all applicants however only those considered will be contacted.